Sunday, November 1, 2015

November 1, 2015

How ya going! (air gun may) if you say "air gun may" in a fast nasal voice it sounds exactly like every Australian! hahah. This week has been so good.  Monday the brooks family invited us and Lexi over for family home evening. So Lexi was able to see how the gospel works in the family. The family wanted to give the lesson, and they gave a very fun lesson about being thankful for Gods creations (nature). We all had a great time singing and drawing pictures! When we first met Lexi she was way shy, but she is coming out of her shell, at family home evening she sang confidently along with us a primary song that she had never heard before! I wouldn't even do that - haha.
     Tuesday we had a Halloween activity for the three wards that meet at the chapel! It was a trunk or treat. So background on Australia and Halloween, some people hate Halloween and then most people just think its dumb and only a few people actually participate, so when some brave kids actually do dress up and go and knock on doors for lollys, nobody really gives out candy. That is why the ward puts on the trunk or treat so that the kids have a good environment to dress up and eat candy! A lot of people showed up I think there was over three hundred people and a lot of them brought along there friends that had never been to a church before, so that was fantastic! 
   Awkward moment of the week! We have been working with this less active family for a while and they finally started to let us in. So we are sitting on there couch and I was searching for something that we had in common so that we could relate to eachother. and behind the couch I spotted a guitar, and im not good at guitar but I thought I would try, so I asked if I could see it for a second and I started to play some of the chords I remembered from home. but the guitar was just a little out of tune, so I figured out which string was of and gave it a half twist to tighten it up . . . .  and it snapped! I had just picked up someone elses guitar and snapped the string on it. Awsome, I felt so dumb and was bright red im sure of it! so next time I will not tighten a guitar!
    This week we had a really amazing experience! a few weeks ago when I was on exchanges Elder Liu ran into a lady (Cassie) that has been suffering from a sickness and nobody can find out what it is! She gave her information to Elder Liu on a card and at the end of this week Elder Liu found it and had a very strong urge that we needed to go. So when we found a spare minute in the day, we went to Cassies home! Her and her husband invited us in and very quickly we found out that she knew nothing about the church, but her husband is a member but he hadn't gone since he was 16 and so he never talked to his wife about it. When she answered the door she had been crying because of the pain she was in and so we went over the restoration of the priesthood very quickly and then gave her a blessing! Elder Liu anointed and I gave the blessing and it was a very spiritual experience! The blessing told her that she was going to be alright and that her family had no reason to worry! it was an amazing experience! We are going back this week to talk with her more! and having that experience caused me to think about how thankful I am that I was able to grow up in a home with the priesthood! thank you Dad for being a worthy holder of the priesthood, you are such an example to me. I am very grateful that I was able to receive blessings when I was sick, anxious, and when I just needed some extra help! The priesthood is the power of God, it was restored through Joseph Smith and I am thankful that I am able to live in a time when it is on the earth! I love you all so much and I hope you have an amazing week!

love Elder Wiser

this was a Halloween trunk or treat at the church and there was so many people! and this was a giant snake that I really wanted to be put around my neck! first a giant spider and second a giant snake :)


so the picture with the three girls. The one on the right is named Therese Hird and she is a member and the two girls with her are non member friends! yay member missionary work! the girl on the left is Isabella the girl that we have been meeting with.
this is a cute picture with spider-girl haha she is the funniest little girl!
and the picture with the family. so this is the Brooks family. They are the first family that I saw when I got to Australia, I hadn't showered for three days because of being in airports and we hadn't gone back to the flat yet so my suitcases were still in the car, but they made me feel so welcomed! and they are the fellowship family for Lexi!
and this is the award we won for being the "best LDS costume" at the trunk or treat hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment