Monday, September 26, 2016

September 25, 2016

Hello everyone! it has been another amazing week down in great South East Australia. Our weather here is currently getting warmer. We are coming into spring. and all the flowers are blooming, the weather is comparible to the end of March and early April in America.

    These last few weeks we have seen some really cool miracles. We were able to go to the temple on the 22nd, and the whole zone went trying to catch a vision for our individual areas. When we all came back together to talk about what we feel our areas can achieve, they all were the same thing. It was to be more obedient to the promptings of the spirit. It was really cool, and we have all been trying to fine-tune ourselves to the feelings of the Holy Ghost. The more we listen the more miracles we see! I know it's not a new thought. but it is still works :) 

This last Sunday, we walked through the front doors and the first counselor asked me if I could give a ten minute talk in few minutes. I had no idea what I was going to say but my topic was rescue visits. The first scripture that came to my mind was Enos. When he felt his guilt swept away the first thing he did was pray for his brotheren that they could have the truth as well. and then I thought of Lehi's dream, once he tasted of the fruit (love of God) he wanted to share it with his family. and then Saul after he had a change of heart became one of the greatest missionaries. The fact is when we gain a greater understanding of the atonement we will also gain a greater desire to share it with others. When someone asks us what our favorite brand of car, sports team, or food, we don't hesitate to tell them which one is the best. but sometimes we can feel more timid when they ask us what our spiritual beliefs are. I believe Joseph Smith said "at the center of the gospel is the atonement of Jesus Christ, all other teachings are merely appendages to it". The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the greatest gift that we could give to our friends. I would like to invite everyone to ponder what the Atonement means to you, and how it has changed you recently. and then share your thoughts with someone you think you use it. you will be able to feel the spirit whenever you talk about the atonement.\

We had 3 investigators come to church this week which was a miracle, barbara who comes every week and then nicole and nathan. they are the young couple that we started teaching. i think they enjoyed it. they brought along their 8 month old baby and had a pretty good experience, we will be going back to teach them on tuesday! i love being on the mission. it has been the greatest blessing! its been so great because i have been able to see the atonement work more in my life and in the life of others. The atonement is real. only through Christ can a redemption be made. 2 ne 2

thank you all of all that you do for me! have an amazing week

love elder wiser
this magpie that got very territorial kept swooping me and trying to peck my head haha. 
some random pictures of elder halsey and I and the scenery



Elder Halsey and I went to the temple


No comments:

Post a Comment