Wednesday, February 15, 2017

February 12, 2017

ni how ma

I don't actually know how to spell it but "ni how ma" is how it sounds, it means how are you? In Chinese. So week one with my mates Elder Wheeler and Shreeve! We live in an area that is really close to the city! The culture is predominantly Chinese. If you have any useful Chinese sentences then send them through! So the roads are so crazy. At first I was the designated driver but I pulled out into on coming traffic while waiting at a red light! Nobody was injured but now Elder Wheeler drives! hahah it was good. I learned how to drive on back roads. 

Since we live close to the city we get a lot of referrals for people who request the book of Mormon! So we get to deliver the Book of Mormon. Its been great! We met an elderly man named David! He has family that are members and when he saw the 'I'm a Mormon" ads on TV he wanted one! So he will be reading it and we will follow up this Tuesday! Its such an amazing time to be a missionary! The Gospel is being spread so quickly via the internet! people recognize us wherever we go and talk to us! and the word "Mormon" is on everyone's minds. Its truly a "marvellous work and a wonder" I love the Book of Mormon so much! I love being able to look people in the eye and say "this is the word of God" "this book contains the fullness of the Gospel" "this book WILL bring you peace" "you can find your purpose inside of this book". I know that the Book of Mormon was written for our day! We can find greater sense of purpose and greater strength! 

This last week I studied 1 Nephi 8-13 the vision of the tree of life! Its so amazing! Especially the way the fruit is described in 1 Nephi 8:10. the love of God is the most desirable thing! and we have it! We have felt it! and Alma asks us "can ye feel so now?" What is stopping us to share it with our friends? My life has been blessed so much as I have tried to help others! Will you find one person this week and share a portion of Gods love with them? Whether it is a compliment, sharing the Book of Mormon, your testimony, or inviting them to church! I know that when you try your best the Lord will put the words in your mouth! 

love you all! (wo eye knee)

love Elder Wiser

I don't know if you remember these fellas!
Elder Albrechtsen and Chappell and Wheeler and
I were all in the mtc together!

This is a family that we started teaching, because I wanted
fish and chips and we found a gluten free shop and they really liked us so they gave us a huge discount and we will be teaching them this week!!! yayay I'm celiac for a reason!

Melbourne temple at dusk! we live right next to it now! its great!

this is most of the zone! P day basket ball!
There were six elders that weren't able to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment