Sunday, July 24, 2016

July 24, 2016

 It's been another fantastic week in the great down under! So, I haven't told you much about my companion but he is a champion! He is from Belair Maryland right out of Baltimor. (pardon spelling). He went to a year of university for film development. And he plays soccor and basketball. He is about my size, And he is really funny. I feel like we are laughing all day long. We get along really well, I have been so blessed with getting good companions! They all are very different but they are all so great!
   This week we had an amazing experience. So about a year ago Elder Halsey was involed with teaching a family that was baptized and just went through the temple and was sealed. We were able to attend the sealing! I am so grateful that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has the priesthood keys neccesary to seal families together forever! It's wonderful to see the change that the gospel can make in peoples lives. This family were good before they are baptised but they still expressed that the gospel helped them grow! It makes bad men good and good men better! We always have room to improve, and the atonement of Jesus Christ makes it possible to improve!
     We also had another chance to meet with our mission president! He is so funny! He is very very motivating and has a lot of energy! He has a good vision for us and is pushing us to reach our goals! I love him and his wife! So, funny story! Two weeks ago Elder Ferris my old companion challenged President Vidmar to a hand stand contest! and I was not going to miss out on that! So I jumped in and it was just the three of us! and Elder Ferris had a bad start and fell out pretty quick but President and I (in our prosoliting clothes) stood on our hands without moving for quite a while, over a minute for sure. . . . . and then . . . . . I fell first! . . . I lost to my mission president haha but apparantly he was close to falling too so it supprised him! And now every time I see him he stops and talks about our next competition. haha we set a date for our next hand stand competition its going to be on Aug 12 and so we are both practicing! I can feel his love and the thing that is amazing is that he makes everyone feel that way! Everyone knows that he cares and that he wants them to be happy! He is awesome!
But I know that this church is true and that it blesses everyone
Has anyone had any missionary experiences the last week? I would love to hear them
I love you 
love Elder Wiser

This is me typing a letter on a type writter in a suit on a train. If thats not classy I dont know what is

and this is a brail book of mormon. it takes 8 binders and it fills up that whole box


this is my companion and i and the assistants to the president hahah i thought these were funny pictures. 


This is President Vidmar and I preparing for our next handstand competition!
These bikes are pretty cool 

This is the lucky family 


and their kids 

Us in front of a sunset

I got your package thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment