Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April 11, 2016

This last week was so crazy! it went by so fast! We were able to meet up with President Maxwell for zone interviews, he is the kindest man. Even though he has so many missionaries to look after he still remembers little things about my life, just a little while ago he asked me how my fathers new job was going. I have no idea how he remembered that! But he is a very quiet soft spoken man! He is very intelligent and you can tell that he is called of God by how strong the spirit is with him. He is working super hard to prepare the mission for the new mission president and companion, President and Sister Vidmar. we have been able to see president a lot over the last couple of weeks and he is so inspiring, he has a quiet confidence that helps us as missionaries to stay motivated and on track! I'm so thankful that I was called to serve under his stewardship!

     Since the time difference, we have general conference one week after you do, so this Saturday and Sunday we sat in our stake centre for ten hours and were nourished by the good word or God! I LOVE CONFERENCE! its so crazy being on a mission because I feel like I am listening on behalf of the 50,000+ people that live in our area! I ended up taking 18 full pages of notes. . . .in my BIG notebook! There was so much revelation! I felt like some of the main topics addressed were: priesthood keys, families, relationships, and agency! I was inspired by the two talks that our prophet gave! he spoke on staying worthy to qualify for the power of heaven, and also using our agency correctly to make it back to heaven "to choose the harder right, rather than the easier wrong." Im so thankful that we have a prophet on the earth today! I know he is called of God, I love him, and I sustain him! I cannot wait to get the conference edition of the ensign so I can study the talks all over again!

     I sent a lot of pictures this week, on Sunday night the assistants to the president, Elder Steele and Elder Eyring (yes President Eyrings grandson) called us and asked if we would like to drive with them along the great ocean road and to the twelve apostles (those huge rock formations along the coast) it would end up being over a seven hour drive but we were so excited! I was able to see the coast line of Australia and learn a lot about the culture! its such an amazing country, I'm so glad I was called here, this is the mission for me! I hope that you all have an amazing week, I am praying for you! I love you! and I love this gospel! it is true! Christ lives, and through him we will find all happiness! 

I would like to add my testimony. Christ lives and so we can draw strength from Him and his atonement. One thing that stood out to me during conference was that life is not fair, if it was fair there would be no resurrection, no repentance, no change, no hope. But because Christ payed the debt, balanced the scale, made the perfect sacrifice, we can all have hope we can all change, we can all repent, and we all will be resurrected. I know its true ma, and it all started because I was able to lean on yours and dads testimony when I was young and follow your example, so thank you! i will pray for grandma, i love her so much! i hope everything is okay. i love you mom, have a good night! love elder wiser
 
Love Elder Wiser

i don't know if you can see this, but it is a gigantic spider web that goes from the ground to the roof to the tree in the back yard! and it has a giant moth in it! huge insects!


this is our flat



we went on great ocean road for p day!





it was a really long drive, my companion fell asleep!







No comments:

Post a Comment