Sunday, March 20, 2016

March 20, 2016

Hello everyone! It has been a very crazy two weeks with lots of changes, I don't know if you know or not but last Tuesday I got another call from president (scary every time) and he asked me if I would move to another area mid transfer. So I packed my stuff and moved to a new area called Dandenong! its so amazing here, it has some big markets that make it feel like the city but its mostly suburb, our area is not very big but there are three sets of missionaries in the Dandenong ward. We have the assistants to the president and the sister training leaders and then us! but when I came into the area it didn't have an area book and some of the organization had been lost during some recent changes but last week we got every thing back in order! and so this week we are really excited to get in and get to work! 

       My companions name is Elder Ferris! I don't even know where to start, he is fantastic! He is from Perth, but he was born in new Zealand! He is the youngest of sixteen children! He slightly resembles "the rock" and he has the best "Arnold Swartzenager" (pardon spelling) impersonation! He weighs 120 kgs and that is about 265 pounds so when we wrestled this week he totally destroyed me! He is an amazing teacher, and He is very talented at finding! Im excited to be able to learn from him and serve with him! I wish I could tell you more about the investigators in the area but I don't know very many yet. We are working with a nine year old named Nathan. his family is less active but they are wanting to make some changes. we think he will be baptized in April. and we set up some appointments for this week that look really promising. There are a lot of humble people in this area. 

       So the missionaries in this area are notorious for . . . . . you guessed it Basketball! like the one sport that I never practiced haha, so a couple of time a week the AP's come pick us up at 5:30 and they all play a basketball game while I am alone on the other hoop practicing my shots! one day I will be good!

       This area is going to be so good! Im really excited for  this next week. expecially easter! We are hoping that peoples hearts will be softened and more open to learn about Jesus Christ and his Gospel! this morning I read an amazing chapter of the Book of Mormon! its 3 Nephi 27  it talks about Jesus Christ being the perfect sacrifice for mankind and what role he plays in our life! but one thing really stood out to me, this is after Jesus had left the deciples and it says that they went around teaching and baptizing in his name, but then they all had the question of "what should we name this church" and so they spent time fasting and praying and it says that Christ came down in the midst of them and gave them and asked have you read the scriptures they say to do everything in my name, so name the church after me. and it just made me think that all my questions can be answered through fasting and pray, He might not come stand next to me and tell me personally, but he has already answered them through the scriptures and through modern prophets and through leaders friends and family! Christ loves us and he wants us to be able to find answers, all we have to do is ask and we will receive and knock and it will be opened unto us! I know that Christ lives and that he paid the price for us! I love him, and Im so grateful that I have the blessing of the gospel in my life! have an amazing easter weekend! and if you have the chance to read 3 Nephi 27 with a question in mind then do it, because its amazing, and you will get an answer! I love you all have a great week
 

Love Elder Wiser

No comments:

Post a Comment