Tuesday, February 9, 2016

February 7, 2016

Wow another week!

Hello family! so this has been another crazy week! My new companion Elder Garcia-Kempf is so kind! He is a very sincere missionary! He is from spain and he has been out for 22 months! He likes to talk and so we get along really well! So his native language is Spanish and we knocked on this door and a Spanish lady answered and so they start speaking to each other in Spanish and they are going rapid fire! I was trying to figure out what they were saying to each other and trying to remember back to that Spanish class that I went to in high school! and then all of a sudden she turns so me, still speaking rapid fire Spanish, and ask me a question. . . . . . and so I just said "quatro" which means four in Spanish. And then she just smiled and nodded and when back to speaking to my companion. It turns out that she had asked me how many kids were in my family and I answered correctly in her language! It was actually really cool. I don't know exactly how it happened but I just kinda knew what she was trying to say! but I was also fasting at the time so that could have easily been a spiritual blessing! 

       And I learned a really cool lesson this week! In Elders Quorum we were discussing the first presidency message from Elder Uchtdorf and he was talking about the planes coming into land during a wind storm. and how the pilots have to stay calm and not fight the controls and just focus on the center of the run way! and it took me back to a lesson that my dear mother had taught me when we were camping. I was reminded of a time that momma Laura and I were motorcycling. I remember that I was having problems avoiding the deep grooves in the ground. I would look at them and say "I don't want to get stuck in that" but then sure enough I would get stuck in it. It seemed like my back tire was a magnet to these ruts and if my back tire got stuck in them it completely changed to direction I wanted to go and it took some serious work to get out of them and back onto the flat ground. I had expressed this to my mom and she told me that the best way to avoid the ruts was to not look at them, to just focus on the path that I wanted to travel and "give it the gas and go." 
       
       I was pondering how the trials and problems that we have in life are a lot like these deep nasty ruts. We don't want to get stuck in them but they seem to be everywhere. We look at them and we are like wow, that is a really big problem that I have and I would really like to avoid it. But the more and more we focus on all of the bad we are going through the more and more problems seem to pop up and it might feel like we get stuck. Uchtdorf explained that the way to find strength and happiness is by focusing on Jesus Christ and not focusing on all of the bad that is going on around us. Heavenly Father wants us to be happy and he sent his son to be a perfect example for us and if we focus on him then we will make it to our destination! It wont be perfect there will still be some bumps and sometimes we might fall over and get scratched but if we keep getting up and trying again then we will make it to our final destination, to live with our Heavenly Father again! and I know that by focusing on Christ that we will make it! I love you all and I hope that you have an amazing week! Thank you so much for all the support!

Love Elder Wiser







No comments:

Post a Comment