Sunday, October 11, 2015

October 11, 2015


Hey everyone! 

This week was another good one! on P-day we had a zone BBQ and played heaps of sports in the blistering heat! I played my first game of touch rugby, and I was the only white guy. . . .and at that I am a really small white guy playing a game that I don't really understand with a bunch of huge islanders! Even though it was only touch I still would get mowed over by Samoans that couldn't stop their momentum! It was so fun! 
    
This week I got the wonderful opportunity to meet with the mission president! Don't worry I didn't do anything wrong, every three months the mission president meets with every missionary in the mission! I don't know how he can do it, but he is the kindest man! He remembered quite a lot about me and my hobbies and the family! We didn't have very long to talk but he just asked how everyone at home was doing, and then encouraged me to keep trying my best! He said a quote that I have heard all throughout my life "Rome wasn't built in a day" and its true! We can't be perfect from the get go! "the purpose of life is to GRADUALLY learn and grow to be perfect" that is a quote from conference!

     so cool experience for the week! Elder Liu and I got three referrals from members and for some reason we couldn't remember one of them. It was really frustrating, we wanted to contact that referral but neither of us could remember who it was. So we sat there for ten minutes running through the week and throwing out every name we could think of, but still nothing came. So, I decided that a prayer was needed. So I said a very short prayer "Dear Heavenly Father, please bless that we can remember, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." and at the exact moment that I said amen, Elder Liu stood up and said the referrals name, who had given us the referral, and the back story of the referral! Now that is an instant answer to prayer! sometimes the Lord is just waiting for us to ask! he wants to bless us, but we have to take the step of faith and ask! 
   So update on Lexi! We taught her the law of the tithe and the law of chastity and she is honestly so prepared! She just keeps saying that this is what she needs in her life! We were worried that she was just blindy following whatever we said, but she keeps telling us all of her spiritual experiences with prayer! She has a really strong testimony about Joseph Smith and prayer! Her mom is the nicest lady but she doesn't want Lexi to be rushed into baptism! So we called her on Saturday and ended up having a 30 minute lesson over the phone, her concerns  were polygamy and tithing but after assuring her that we don't believe in having more than one wife and then explaining more about tithing, she started to soften up! So we asked again if she would allow Lexi to get baptised and she said....... no! and so we are still working with her! but Lexi has such a desire learn that it will all work out! She came to conference on Sunday morning and she was really impressed, she came with a question about her education and she got an answer! The church is true and the prophets and apostles are called of God! I love you all have an amazing week! oh and I have a challenge for you! "Ponderize" 1 scripture this week!


this is the big Maroondah zone! love them all! we had a zone BBQ

so I think I might be from a small town in Utah because this is the first "Drive Through Alcohol store"! ya you don't even have to get out of your car to get drunk!

and this is some Halloween decorations that were set up! we thought we were funny!

this is a shout out to my bacon loving little sister! so Shelby, this is Australian bacon.... ya its huge.  that is the biggest pan we have and only three pieces of bacon fit in it

we don't buy bacon by the pound, we buy it by the kilo so they are just massive!

No comments:

Post a Comment