Sunday, December 6, 2015

December 6, 2015

Hello Everyone
 
So there is an Aussie term "she'll be right" and it basically means that everything is okay so go away;) people say this a lot when they want to get us off there porch "she'll be right mate she'll be right"!

      So Elder Liu and I made a really good goal this week! We decided to run every single morning, so we have been waking up early so we have enough time to run this loop that is about 2.5 miles. That's not very long but the hills here are so steep that we basically crawl up them:) and then slide down the other side =) 

     So this week we had a ward Christmas party! After some debate between going to a lake or a public swimming pool and some other ideas, the ward decided to have a huge BBQ. It was so hot, it was such a cool experience! A bunch of the youth set up a big Christmas tree and talked about all of the symbols of Christmas and where we got all of the traditions, and then about the real meaning of Christmas! and best of all Cassie and her family came! I think they had a really good experience and the four daughters have all made friends with girls their age in the ward! So Elder Liu and I were really excited about it! Cassie and her family is doing really good! We're going to have to move there baptisimal date back because some stuff came up and they couldn't get to church :( but they said they are coming next week! 

    Tiffany and Brodie didn't come to church ether! They really enjoy the lessons but they say they have anxiety of the large group of people:( so we will just keep working on them!

     But we had a really cool experience this week. We had an appt. at a public park that we had high hopes for but it fell through. So we walked around and started talking with everyone and this lady invited us to sit down with her family strait away! Her name is Clare, she has had a really tough life and is just starting to turn it around! After we got to talking we figured out that she has been trying to find God! We shared with her the plan of salvation and sang the hymn "Families Can Be Together Forever" right there in the middle of the public park! We have way high hopes for them! it built my testimony that even though things might seem bad, there can be good that comes out of it! I cannot comprehend how God works, but I do know that when I trust him everything works out! He loves us and knows what is best for us! and he will take care of us! no matter what! I feel so blessed that I have been raised in a home that has the gospel! and I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to be sharing what has made my family so happy! I am also so glad that we have prophets and apostles on the earth today! I have been reading the conference talks over and over again and they words and ideas that were spoken came from God! One thing that has stood out to me lately is that the gospel is simple! I think Uchtdorf puts it best when he says "if the gospel isn't working for you, then simplify" can I give you all a challenge? this goes to everyone that reads this, go back and read the general conference talks again out of the November Ensign! will you do it? the talks truly apply to our daily issues. and the spirit will bear testimony of the simple truths that can help as you read the talks again! I love you all have an amazing week!

Love Elder Wiser

P.S. Sister Adams daughter-in-law, Tara Adams is coming to Utah next week. She is leaving on the 13th and she is bringing a package from me to you:) What a nice lady! She said that she would be willing to bring anything back home with her. 

I love you mom! I am praying for you and your surgery!  I hope you can feel them ;) 

AND I GOT YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE!!!!! I love it! that is the greatest thing ever, and I have received a bunch of ornaments, it's all set up in my flat I will send you a picture! I love you
love your best son that has brown hair and the same foot problems;)
Elder Wiser

this is our ward Christmas activity! its a BBQ!

this is some tag art from another pday on mount Dandenong!

this house went all out on Christmas! but the family was wearing shorts and t-shirts and got sunburnt when they were putting them up haha
I got the Christmas tree! thank you so much to everyone that sent the little ornaments! your guys are so amazing! I love you I love you I love you! it makes me so happy!
lexis mom deb bought us Christmas gifts =)

No comments:

Post a Comment