Wednesday, June 15, 2016

June 12, 2016

Wow what a week! So Elder Jensen and I had one of the most miracle packed weeks ever! we had so many people this week come out of the woodworks and desire to learn the gospel. Our teaching pool tripled this week. The Lords work is hastening. 

     So this last Sunday we had such a special privilege Sister McConkie, the first councilor in the General Young Womens and Elder Dudfield of the area seventy came to Dandenong ward just to train and teach. It was incredible. Her husband, Presidnet McConkie, is a stake president in Utah and so him and I talked for a minute and when I said where I was from he asked if I knew Tim Wheelright, and I definitely do. They just bore their testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith and of the divinity of the Restoration, and then trained the ward on how to help others and get the most out of the sacrament! They are such spiritual people. 

     On Monday we had a missionary meeting at the chapel next to the temple and we received trainings from Elder and Sister Neilson of the area seventy, Elder and Sister Dudfield of the area seventy, brother and Sister Reeves (Second Counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency) and President and Sister McConkie (first councillor in the general young women's) and President and sister Maxwell. They covered so much but I would just like to share two experiences out of the many. All of them bore testimony of the Book of Mormon, and that really stuck out to me because of the special promise that goes along with it. Everyone everywhere is invited to read the Book of Mormon and try it out for themselves with the promise that if they ask sincerely they WILL receive an answer, and that answer will help them know that Jesus is the Christ and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that The Church of Jesus Christ is the Lords kingdom on the earth today! All of that is found in the last two paragraphs in the introduction. This Promise is true! I invite everyone who reads this to read the introduction to the book of Mormon, with the family or by your self, and ask again or for the first time if it is truly the Lords book! and if you do it sincerely I can promise that you will receive an answer! I received an answer when I was 8 or 9 years old and again very recently, no matter how many times we ask it will still be true! I love the Book of Mormon.

    Elder Neilson asked us a very bold question, "are you in or are you out?" and he explained that we are living in rough times, their is no time to waste. We are ether in the game or out of the game. We are ether engaged or disengaged, and we have to actively choose. It made me really think, am I giving my all to the Lord and trusting in Him or am I holding just a little back? Do I strive to follow every spiritual prompting or do I Trust just a little in the arm of flesh? These questions are very important to ask ourselves. Elder Neilson said that if we are in the game than stay in it and continually improve, and if we are not in the game than get in it. It is never to late for us to start. None of us are perfect and God knows that, so He provided the Atonement so when we are not doing our best we can recommit and start again. Repent and start now and the Lord will forget everything that you did in the past. It is only Because God loves each one of us that it is possible. I know that this is the Lords kingdom on the earth today. I know that it is never to late to start again. and I know that God loves me.
 
Have a great week! 
Love Elder Wiser

and this is Elder Chapel, Wheeler, Bennion, myself and Sister Johnson

This is our zone! We were about to sing a song as a farewell gift for President and sister Maxwell. They leave on the 1 of July

This is Elder Jensen! He is so fantastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment